Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My 1990's cb stopped transmitting... It receives OK; also can send/receive on HAM radio, hence know that the helmet mic is working ok.

I swapped both the bike's radio and cb from a 2000yr bike, thereby giving me CB capability again on the 1990. The weird part is that I cannot swap Just the CB or Just the Radio over from the 2000, in order to make the donor-CB work on the 1990. The sucessful swap tells me that the 1990's wire harness works ok.

Any ideas, as to why:
1) The 1990's cb would not transmit?
2) The 2000's cb on works with the 2000's radio, when donated to the 1990?

Edit: The 1990's cb (when installed in the 1990 with 1990's radio) will show as Transmitting, when viewed on another bike's cb, but there is no voice signal going through, just the "RX" signal on the other bikes.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
imported post

Very strange. The only answer that would make any sense is a common fault, eg. a power surge transmitting damaged both 1990 radio and CB. Just a guess as I'm by no means an expert on anything electrical.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The same Hondaline CB fits all GL1500 models. If the one you took off the 2000 model one is an SE, the only differences is it uses the bikes newer PTT switch instead of the supplied one with the Hondaline kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.