Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All,

My Wing 93', I have check volt at Battery the volt is 12.5 when idle speed with Fan also working and riding the volt is show 14.1. My wing is normal charge system?

Please kindly advise ...

Wing from Thailand....:D

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

:clapper:Your figures looks quite OK.. The 14.1 may vary depending on charging state of the battery.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

Hey, surapong welcome to the site. :waving:I have a 85 GL1200 so I can't help you, but there are people here who can. Just wanted to say WELCOME.:banana:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum surapong! :waving:

Those numbers look right.Use the search feature to look upsome posts about the stator connector. Check yours for excessive heat and if it isn't already hardwired I would do it as soon as possible. This will help to ensure you continue to get such good numbers on your meter! :clapper:

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
imported post

13.5 - 14.5 is normal charging voltage...

Anything below 13.0 is considered to be a discharging state. Which would be normal with the headlight and fan sucking the juice as fast as it can...

You good to roll...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet surapong!:waving::waving:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hi surapongand welcome. Those figures show you have a healthy charging system. Safe riding in Thailand. :waving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

You don't have anything to worry about surapong as your charging system is fine. Welcome to the forum :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Hello surapong :waving:and welcome to the best GoldWing fourm on the net. I'm sure that you will be able to find answers to all your questions here.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

HI FOLKS

HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME I HAVE A GOLDWING 1200 LTD 1985 THE BATTERY WAS FLAT SO

I BOUGHT A NEW ONE I GAVE A FULL CHARGE WENT FOR A RIDE THE NEXT DAY ABOUT 100 MILES VOLTAGE METER WAS SHOWING 14.5 THE NEXT WEEK I WENT OUT TO START THE BIKE AND IT WAS TOTALY FLAT NOTHING NOT EVEN A SPARK

I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELO ME:clapper:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

You seem to have something draining the battery.
Use a am-meter to check the current from the battery when nothing is switched on.
Should be <1mA.
Measure as close to the battery as possible..

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

You guys crack me up. surapong has been a member for a good while and asked several questions here in the past.

But we are a welcoming group arent we?

Welcome to the board Exavid! :clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

hi brian yes i do an alarm but the alarm goes into sleep mode after 15 mins how can i test it to find out where i am loosing the power from again thankyou to all you folks out there all your help all the best and have a safe ride take care john

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.