Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have had the chrome side covers on the bike for about a year, and I'm kinda disappointed. The price was good, but the quality is definitely the reason why.

This spring, I noticed the chrome starting to bubble up on one of the sides. Not a lot, but enough for me to notice.

Today, as I was on the highway, going about 75, I noticed a cover was loose at the bottom. Pulled over to see that the rear bottom lug had broken away. I took it off and just got done supergluing it back. Not very much material to work with in an area that should have much sturdier construction.

I like the way they look, but the quality sucks. Sorry, Gary.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

A few owners here in the UKhave them Mike and similar stories. They scuff all too easily, in addition to the problems you are having.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'll have to do a search. Never thought of it. I'm not around much anymore.

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
imported post

I think he meant over in the UK Mike. The majority of chrome aftermarket parts is just rubbish. Waste of money imho.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Maybe try glopping up a pile of Black ABS glue around the stress area for some strength.

I never liked Super Glue for much myself.
Never got the results they claim.

Super glue a penny to a steel block and lift an Elephant with a crane 300 feet.
Ya, right, I got ran off more construction jobs than I can count for killing Elephants that way.
They don't really splatter when they hit the ground, more like bounce and knock down a wall.

Anyway, for real I never got that good of results with super glue on much.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately they are probably made in China, out of the same stuff they build Chinese scooters out of. I have never owned one of those (and never will) but I have worked on a few for others. What junk. I have never seen one that did not have cracked plastic. OEM Honda is light years ahead of anything like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.