Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone

I own a 1999 GL1500SE goldwing with 185,000km(110,000miles),a week ago the clutch started slipping,the bike would not begin to move until the clutch lever was almost all the way out,I replaced all the dot4 brake fluid in the clutch and resevoir and it was good for a couple days,now it seems to work good when first starting out untill the engine is up to operating temperature and then it will not start engaging till the clutch lever is almost fully out,once the bike is warmed up.Onced the bike is at operating temperature the clutch will slip when you accelerate hard.

Is my clutch in need of repair/replacement or could I have air in the system,I understand there is no adjustment...as it is a hydraulic clutch.

Can anyone give me some advice or is it just time to replace the clutch?

**When I replaced the dot4 brake fluid I used dot4 synthetic brake fluid**

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

It would be easier (1hr) and cheaper ($20) to start by rebuilding the clutch slave cylinder... At 100k miles, it is likely in need of cleaning, and probably some new parts as well.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,787 Posts
imported post

Could also have a plugged up master cylinder pressure release (spooge) hole.

·
Administrator
26,529 Posts
imported post

dingdong wrote:
Could also have a plugged up master cylinder pressure release (spooge) hole.
I would bet that is it.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem with my 1999 SE. Rebuilding the slave cylinder fixed it.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I have a 99SE, and that clutch is danged near bulletproof. I'd be lookin at that slave cylinder, and a plugged hole. jimsjinx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.