Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Hi guys,

Need some feedback... Working on a friends 1999 1500 and when I picked it up I noticed a very late engagement of the clutch - that is to say, the lever is almost all the way out before the clutch engages...
Sounds normal to me.:?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Your 1100 had a cable that you could adjust to change the lever engagement point the 1500 does not.

You can try to fix what ain't broke, many have tried, few if any have succeeded.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
?????????
Bleed the clutch and recheck.
Yep, dyslexia.:lash:
Of course bleeding the lines if there's air in them would move the engagement point farther from the grip and the original complaint was that it was to far from the grip.:?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
It looks like the consensus is to bleed, bleed and bleed again then replace parts until you get the engagement point as far from the grip as you can.:?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
If you have little movement of the lever and push rod before you feel resistance in the lever and just a tiny bit of pull on the lever from that point until the clutch disengages it's working as designed.

Just to recap, your complaint is that the engagement point is to far from the grip right?

Does your friend have small hands and wants the engagement point closer to the grip or is this just you chasing ghosts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.