Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Stuck in traffic for nearly an hour when the clutch lever came all the way back to the bars and no clutch, when bike had cooled down no problem clutch worked as usual and has been fine since, any ideas ?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Spav you need to change your clutch fluid , clutch fluid is hydroscopic and with time gets gets moisture ingress and when it gets warm looses its density thus all that leaver travel and no pressure. Solution renew your clutch fluid. Be careful nasty stuff keep away from your paint work.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

thanks for the info. my clutch here is working fine, but if it ever acts like this. will know whats the cause

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

you should change your clutch and brake fluids once a year, it is not hard to do.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I am not sure I have full understanding of your clutch symptoms, but keep in mind that as the engine gets hot in stop and go traffic, the clutch plates, etc. will swell. When I was stuck in traffic once, my clutch would engage as the lever was let out very near the handle bar. After the engine cooled and the clutch cooled, the lever action returned to normal. I do not attribute this to poor clutch fuild as much as I do heat; although keeping fresh fluid in the system is not a bad idea.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Be sure to use DOT 4 fluid.

And thats all I gots to say about that;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.