Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to replace the GL1500 clutch lever bushing and the pivot bolt. Is there a trick to that procedure? I want push the old bushing out and install the new bushing.

I first thought the lever switch was not closing when the lever was pulled in so I replaced the switch and found I had the same problem unless you'd wiggle the lever while holding it all the way in against the hand grip. I took the lever off and could see the wear in the bushing and the pivot shoulder is worn too. I ordered a new bushing and pivot bolt and want to do the job correctly.

Your help is appreciated.

Bill

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

The pivot bushing in the lever is cast in and not replaceable. The bushing you ordered is probably the brass pusher bushing which has no effect on the switches.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi Ken,
The bushing I ordered is shown in the Honda parts fisch image as going into the clutch lever. Actually the bushing is shown just above the lever and is described as "bush", PN 22885-MB0-006. I was hopping to push the old bushing out without breaking the lever.
Bill

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

sequimbiker....you have got the right bushing coming: honda # 2285-mbo-006 (10.00)...suzuki # 59892-08A-006 (3.00)...both are exactly the same, just honda is 3 1/2 times higher. before you put the new bushing in, clean inside the lever, put some dielectric grease (silicone grease) all over the bushing and a little in the bushing hole...put bushing in lever so you can see holr on side of lever...put lever up to cable end and as you push lever into bracket, also make sure cable goes into bushing. put bolt and nut back on ....DONE.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

Sequimbiker wrote:
Hi Ken,
The bushing I ordered is shown in the Honda parts fisch image as going into the clutch lever. Actually the bushing is shown just above the lever and is described as "bush", PN 22885-MB0-006. I was hopping to push the old bushing out without breaking the lever.
Bill
As I said that is not the pivot bushing but the pusher bushing and it will just fall out when you remove the lever.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hi fujimc,
I'm not sure what you mean by a hole for the cable as this is a hydraulic clutch. Are you refering to the round brass bushing that has a hole in the side for the clutch master cylinder push rod?

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.