Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 88 gl1500 that suddenly started making a loud grinding noise when the clutch lever is pulled.even the slightest tension on the lever makes the noise.the bike starts and drives perfect. changes gear very well. its got 57000 miles on it. i assumed it was the clutch lifter bearing as it was the only one on the diagrams i could find so i changed it out complete with the plate and lifter rods but the problem is still there..i changed the oil to a heavier grade but still no use. any ideas would be great

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

i just finishing putting it together and took it for a spin.heres the full story as i see it.it starts and drives perfect.its got the usual tranny noise that the all have.pull in clutch lever and this grinding sound appears.its definately not one of the "normal" 1500 engine noises. put it in gear and hold in the lever and it stops.if you then put it in neutral while you have the lever pulled in still no grind but as soon as you release the lever even slightly it comes back.im completely puzzled by this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.