Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi i have a gl1500 got problem (i want to pull hair out if i had some left).

i start my bike on choke refs stay low does not mater if i have choke 1/2 or full open i can hear more vaccume so choke is working it feels like it is running on 4 legs of 6 if i take choke of it dies,if i ride with it it will keep running bad if i however if ilet the engine running for 1 min on choke and than wait for 10 min it runs ok even without choke please help p.s engine refs up on choke after wait.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site crazydutchy! :waving::waving:

The choke on the 1500 really isn't a choke but an enrichener valve there is no choke plate. Putting the "choke" on opens a jet in the carb that adds progressively more fuel as you increase the choke setting. The 1500s are very cold blooded and don't like running well until warmed up. Normally I have to leave at least half choke on my bike for the first mile or 5-10 minutes to warm it up to the point it's happy. On cool mornings it won't idle without a bit of choke. One other part of start and warm up is the hot air feed hose that comes from the lower front of your engine, up past the timing belt cover and up to the air box. There's a thermostatically operated valve that routes hot air from your exhaust system to the carbs until the engine heats up enough to cause the intake valve to shut and suck air through the normal intake circuit. If that hot air system isn't working properly it can cause cold running problems like you're describing.

Google and you should find one.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks but the problem is if the bike runs badly it will keep on running badly (even if the bike is warm) until i stop and leave it of for 10 min this is only a cold weather problem as soon as outside temp goes up then bike runs normal i must say that this is the first year i run thebike in winter. THANKS AGAIN FOR HELPING ME..

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

p.s if i start the bike up 1st time refs goes up ar normal and then dies down there is nothing i can do to keep refs up with choke i can ref with throtle but still runs badly until i switch of an try again in 10 min

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.