Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got stuck in traffic and the engine got hot that the fans came on. All of a sudden the bike went dead for about 10 seconds. NO lights, no starter nothing, At first I thought a fuse blew but the lights came on and the starter worked. About 20 seconds same thing happened, the only difference was that it happened when I was moving. then it started with compression. It only does it when the engine gets hot. The battery is charging and the starter sounds strong. When the engine cools down. no problem. Any Idea's

Thanks

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Im gonna guess that your pulse coils are on the way out.

Welcome to the forum, More members will see your post & offer their opinion!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi vito and welcome to the forum as you lost all power you need to push in all the fuses remove the seat cheque the battery connections the dog bone fuse and in behind the dogbone is a 30amp fuse check this also , then the conections on the solinoid , on the bolt that holds in the rads on each side just in front of the fans there is a ground the one on the left runs the lights dash ect clean these may be the vibration of the fans are making it shift the only prob you have here is if the bike is running you wont know if you fixed it.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

could be rotten ground too!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I took it to my garage and they said the harness was fried. When I took it to the garage it conking out, The lights and dashboard would flicker on and off. so it was good that it did it at the garage and they could see what happens.They didn't know if Honda makes the harness yet. That's going to be a problem if they don't

Thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi vito do you know what part of the harness the prob is

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I'll call the mechanic tomorrow and ask him and I'll let you know. I didn't know there were different parts to the harness

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.