Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it necessary to use a flush to just change the coolant? Also what kind for a 1500? How often should this be done?>
Wingrider59

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I flush mine every other winter. I just drain my rad, fill with water and run the bike till it's warm. Then I drain the water and refill with fresh coolant. For coolant I go to the Honda car dealer and buy their silicate free Honda coolant (Blue). One gallon at the car dealer is about the same price as a quart at the motorcycle dealer.

·
It aint rocket science
3,967 Posts
Just a drain and refill every 5 yrs. If the old AF looks contaminated or weak I would flush, otherwise if no current problems you are now chasing, just replace. You can rock bike left/right to get every last bit out.

Prestone silicate free available everywhere and a jug of distilled water from grocery store. I mix mine 60/40 water just because.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
I just drain and refill with a Prestone equivalent (as long as it's silicate free, you're good) every other year.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coolant

Thanks Everyone for all your help with the coolant question! I am going to take care of this right away. I can always trust my fellow Winger's to come thru.

Wingrider59

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.