Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I need to replace the bulb in one of the cornering lights on my '99 SE. How much of the fairing do I need to remove to get to it? Or is there another way to get to it? Photos would be great.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You'll need to remove the two lower fairings where the bulbs are located. To remove them you'll need to remove the lower cowl which has three screws in it's front and the plate above it. Then the two screws that hold the orange side light in the top of the lower fairing and the bolt hidden behind the little cover below the air shock and CB panels. You might be able to reach around and get to the bulbs if you just remove the lower cowl but I haven't tried that.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I changed mine, and just removed the lower cowl. It's a bear to get your hand up in there, but I did it. I got the feeling if I wasn't very careful, something was going to break, so be aware that it's not the recommended way. jimsjinx

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
imported post

last time I was in there I changed my cornering lights into running lights.
Really easy to do, and reversible if you change your mind later.
Simply unplug the connector block attached to relay mounted on the frame lower corner behind the horn. Then using a micro flat blade screwdriver, release the spade (male) terminal (blue wire on left side, orange on right side) and pull it out. Re-connect the block connector, and tape the unused spade terminal to it, then pull the rubber boot back down.
Done.

Cornering lights are now on all the time.
Have been running like that now for about 2000 miles. No issues.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thanks everyone. Good help.
Wingnut, that was exactly what I was looking for. Gotta love this site!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.