Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

does anyone one know the part number for the cornering light bulbs on 1500? got one on all the time while other one doesnt come on at all thinkn bulb went bad not sureyet why one is on constant any ideas besides bad bulb thanks

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Later models and some early ones with adapter kits were running lights that are on all the time. Early models without the kits are just turning lights that only come on when that directional turn signal is on.
You can get the bulbs at Cyclemaxohio.com fairly cheaply.
They are not a lamp you can get at the auto parts stores and they go out quite often. Honda will rip you for them.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

I get aftermarket bulbs from Cyclemax in Ohio.I think they run $6.00 a bulb. Much cheaper than Honda bulbs.

Mike

·
Nobody
364 Posts
imported post

perry518 wrote:
does anyone one know the part number for the cornering light bulbs on 1500? got one on all the time while other one doesnt come on at all thinkn bulb went bad not sureyet why one is on constant any ideas besides bad bulb thanks
We need to know the year of your bike to answer properly.

The 98 and up used different bulbs, they are "driving lights" meaning they are on all the time.

Before 98 they where "cornering lights" and only active with the turn signals.

The newer style bulbs and two elements in them so when the first blows you can bridge the contacts on the bulb base with a soldering iron to use the other element.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Don't go to mother honda, >$25 each. ouch. Don't ask how I know....:whip:

It is a H6M bulb on my 99 1500SE. Very common in the ATV and >600cc?? class of vehicles in there headlight.

Also upgrade to the higher 35/36watt, much more light. It will light up the sides of the road better. Much safer. I did.

Honda 12V 35/36w bulb #34901-GJ1-003 is the upgraded.

When upgrading to the higher wattage, check you output voltage of the alternator at idle on the batteryto make sure you are not overloading it. Should be >14.0

The original is an 18/18 watt.

http://www.chrischrome.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=88595B

$5.95 each for original replacement.

And a good site for all of the technical on various bulbs

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl?searchb=h6m

I also believe there is a 24watt version.

Lots of choices...

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I don't recall the exact details but I though I was being clever and ordered the halogen driving light bulb to replace the cornering light bulb on my 93 for more light with less current draw.I found that the base is different though and they were not interchangable.

Mine is an Aspy but a PO had added switches so that the cornering lights can remain on at all times. I like being seen better and they really light up the road sides to better see the deer at night too. Sometime I would like to change out the cornering for driving lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.