Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 20th anniversary 1500 and i was sure mine were cornering lights...but then i discovered that are not?? i have switch to keep them on always and bulbs are not these ones!
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/83/3979

but i have this one"""!!!
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/83/4860

the big bulb, as cornering doesn't even get inside! can't fit...

so bottom line this is not the famous h6m'''???

WHAT I have to look for now as hid xenon for these ??

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

That is the bulb from after the conversion kit that Cyclemax and others sell.

Hid won't work well down there due to heat and the angle of the beam is off to the sides.

The turning lights and later were designed to be seen by others not to assist the rider.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

If you have a switch to turn them on full time that is something a previous owner wired up. Coming from the factory they were strictly cornering lights, comes on with the blinker and goes off with it. They aren't very effective as driving lights due to being so low and angled out.

·
Pwhoever
3,181 Posts
imported post

I am fairly certain that the factory cornering lights for SE's up to 97 and then driving lights 98-00 would attach to the lower cowl using screws. The aftermarket conversion driving lights would attach using brackets on either side along with springs to hold the housing in. Those thinner cyclemax halogen bulbs are the H6M size. The are supposed to work with either the factory cornering/driving lights and the aftermarket conversion kits. I would say that if the larger bulb won't fit, chances are that you have the aftermarket driving light kit.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Kimswang,

You're using 55w h3 in your lower driving lights. Did you have to change the socket and will the stock wiring handle it ? I've been thing of changing mine but was worried about the system handling the extra watts.

Hickey

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

The lenses of the lower lights are plastic and will melt with that high a wattage bulb. Add driving lights above for better viability to others and for you to see better at night.
Stay at 35w or less.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Hickey wrote:
Kimswang,

You're using 55w h3 in your lower driving lights. Did you have to change the socket and will the stock wiring handle it ? I've been thing of changing mine but was worried about the system handling the extra watts.

Hickey
These are the ones I use in my lower lights:

They work great and the plastic lenses are fine with it. I have platic lenses on my main headlight, both on the bike and on my truck, and there I run 100/90W without a problem. For me the 8500K is just the perfect white light for my vision. Can you have too much light? Maybe, but I can't. The H3 fits right in and all you have to do is to add a connector to your hot wire. The original wires are plenty big enough for that short of a run. I have plans to mount a H4 100/90W there later and use it both for hi and low beam. This mod will however require rewiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.