Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys, I have just received a couple of H7 120SMD LED bulbs to install into the original cornering light housings, as per a post recently (I think from hodgy?)..but, a recent post has got me thinking when the "cornering" lights actually operate. I assumed that they were on all of the time (which normally would be fine by me, (although local (NZ) regulations may ask me to have a switch in there somewhere....) but, perhaps they come on with the indicator only? (blinker) ..or not..??? could you tell please.??
1993 Aspencade.
Many thanks,
Peter.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

They should be hooked up to come on with the indicator only if they are set up as stock on the SE. They could be wired to come on all the time with the bypass wiring.
As you have an Aspencade, which did not come stock with them, no cornering lights, you will have to find out either once the bulbs are in or trace the wiring.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks newday777, so,...now i know that cornering lamps only came on the SE, clearly they have been added (currently secured by the aid of cable ties as there are no brackets..!!) by the PO, there is a wiring loom to each of them tho which seems to include a relay..??..anyhow, I think I will rewire where necessary to have on all of the time, and add a switch ( to turn them off) if necessary.
Many thanks,
Peter.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The cornering lights were available as a optional kit from Hondaline for the Aspencede. The relays cable tied to the frame downtubes are the cornering relays. A lot of owners bypass the relays and have the lights on all the time.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for that info Ted, yes that's what I will do once I have installed the LED's.:thumbsup:

Peter.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

While LED's are cool and last forever, those small cornering lights are way underestimated as a light source by most GW owners. I played around with it a bit and also ordered the big LED's only to find out that 55W H3 bulbs actually give you a much better light as far as driving at night. Just something to consider before you start cutting too much. here is what it looks like:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Looks very nice!

is this photo taken while the LED's where installed? Or are these the Halogen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.