Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting around to figuring out why my cruise control doesn't work.
The light comes on but will not engage. I preformed the cruise control checks, the clutch switch is working, both brake switches, throttle return switch, and 4th and 5th gear switch is working. all the relays ohms out and the vacuum solenoids ohm out. Figured out its either fail in the relays, the control box is self or the vacuum circuit.

Where is the best place to start? And were are the main cruise control relays located?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
You say the switches are working, but are they engaged by the pedals/levers? Many have to push out on the clutch lever to engage cruise, I do.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can tell, even checked them 2 different meters to make sure my HF POS meter wasn't lying......
both brakes shows continuity when off the brakes , and open circuit when on brake . and the same on the throttle. no change if I push the pedals / grips. and yes I checked both front and rear brake pedals.

edit, Clutch switch has no continuity when released.

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
Is this on a gl1500 or 1800 fishblock?
Obviously a 1500 since he mentions vacuum.

The clutch switch should show no continuity with the lever released. Are you sure you are checking the clutch cruise switch and not the clutch safety switch?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obviously a 1500 since he mentions vacuum.

The clutch switch should show no continuity with the lever released. Are you sure you are checking the clutch cruise switch and not the clutch safety switch?
Correct, I missed that earlier, The clutch switch has no continuity when released. I had to go back and retest. I got ahold of a known working control module and vacuum solenoid that I'm going to try. I will also need to check to see if the vacuum actuator is working......

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Seems to me a switch problem will cause the 'set' light to come on only briefly. If the cruise light stays on the problem is something else. I'd check the actuator first, it's easiest to get to. Make sure the vacuum line is intact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.