Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello,

I have a 2000 GL1500SE and noticed that the cruise is limited to about 78MPH. From what I have read, the cruise is limitedand this operation is normal.I would like to adjust if possible to at least hit the 80 to 85MPH mark.There are people that have swapped some wiring to make this happen and it appears that it works on some models newer than 1995. I have attached the link if you would like to see this. Question: Has anyone out there tried this on a 2000 Wing? Have you seen any negative results from this? Is there another option?

Big Thanks!! Perry

http://gl1800a.osborn-us.com/wingcruisecontrol.html

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

I think there are form posts here about this. You should use the search, it might turn up the threads you need.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

There are a few pages with this mod...

If only the wiring to the Cruise is modified, you should not notice any ill effects on the bike.

At least one of the pages that I read modifies the wiring at the gear position switch -- this would have the effect of swapping the 5th and 4th gear timing maps in the ECU as well. It'll be better to avoid changes that impact the ECU's gear sense inputs.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I'll try the wiring mod and see how it goes. It's good advice to stay away fromanything that might mess with theECU.

Very much appreciated!!

Perry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.