Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1500 cruise control wiring

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ALEX BERECZKY 
#1 ·
imported post

97 GL1500

I accidentally pulled the wires out of the wiring plug at the hand grip.

There are 4 wires and I don't know what order they go back in.

Any help would be appreciated

#3 ·
imported post

asayler wrote:
97 GL1500

I accidentally pulled the wires out of the wiring plug at the hand grip.

There are 4 wires and I don't know what order they go back in.

Any help would be appreciated
Are not the wires that the four were pulled from color coded to match? I believe mine are, unless I'm missing something here? If you pulled them out of the back of the plug; look at the end the plug goes into and look at the color of the wire for the particular "pins." That should tell you where the 'pulled wires should be. Hope this helps a little.
Norm

#4 ·
imported post

My manual shows wires on both sides of that connector so just match up the colors. If you can't do that I can explain how to determine which goes where but it will take me a while so let me know if you need further help.

#5 ·
imported post

ok...I've got 2 male connectors over 2 more connectors.
There are no color codes visible(probubly faded off).
Then the wires that were accidently(?) disconnected; there is one black, one green and yellow and 2 green and white.

Hope that explaines my (self inflicted)problem.

Thanks for any help?

#7 ·
imported post

This should get you back on track! -a picture is worth a thousand words! ;)

The front brake switch terminals/wires are on top, using the smaller terminals, with the CC using the larger/wider ones beneath.

#8 ·
imported post

Are you talking on the throttle side and off the microswitch on under side? If so, that would be your Cancel Cruise and Brake light switch. Blk/Blue & Grn/White is your Cruise cancel. White/Grn & Grn/yellow is for the brake light. If this is not the area, give us more information and maybe some pictures if possible. Then we can help you out better on this issue. Good luck.

#9 ·
imported post

got it together
on the two connectors on top, i've got the green and white on the left andthegreen and yellow on the left.
on the bottom two connectors , i've got the green and white on the left and the black one on the right.

the cruise control works again.

but.......
the reason that I was fooling around with the wires in the first place was that the brake light would not activate using the front brake. so i was looking for some kind of adjusting screw(or something) or maybe the problem might be that its not wired correctly in the first place

any thoughts?
thanks for the replies
I really appreciate the posts..

#10 ·
imported post

asayler wrote:
...the reason that I was fooling around with the wires in the first place was that the brake light would not activate using the front brake. so i was looking for some kind of adjusting screw(or something) or maybe the problem might be that its not wired correctly in the first place...
> Can you hear a relay Click, when you pull on the front brake lever? If so, then the switch at the lever is Ok.

If you don't hear the Click, then try manually crossing whatever two wires feed into that switch (eg Bypass the switch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.