Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI CAN ANYBODY HELP I HAVE A GOLDWING 1500 AND THE CRUISE CONTROL DOES'NT WORK. iS THERE A FUSE SOMEWHERE ? OR DOES THIS MEAN THE UNIT IS AT FAULT. THANKS JOHN:praying:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

A little more info would help, like, does the 'cruise on' light illuminate on the dash when you depress the on/off switch or does the cruise fail to engage and hold speed?

You may want to check the clutch lever, front brake lever and brake pedal switches.

Minewould turn on, but wouldn't engage. Turned out the bushing that the clutchmaster cylinder actuator rod fit into had about worn out, so the wind while riding moved the lever back far enough toprevent the cruise from engaging.

Changed out the bushing and all is well.

Hope this helps.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard John. Most Cruise problems are handlebar switch related, as Dave suggested. If the "cruise on" light is on, spray the switches up and take a test ride.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

By the way, turn your caps lock off.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank's for reply's yes the cruise light turns on but just does not set the speed. The bike was stood up for a year and i had to bleed the clutch. i will try the wd40 on the handle bar switch and switches. Ta

p.s Sorry i left caps lock on:?

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

Just a thought-- I use electrical contact cleaner spray so as to not leave any residue. You will find many go wd-40, and many go contact cleaner.
FWIW

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

play it again sam!!!...most of the time its the rear brake adjustment switch...gets crapped up down there.. and the clutch side-normally open switch...aft market levers might not keep this open to initiate...or a few other fun switches but are more dependable than these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.