Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my cruise seems to always work great.

However, I discovered a little "glitch?".

Mine will not set any higher than 75. No matter what I set it to, it always drops down to the exact same speed of 75.

Normal operation?

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
On your 1500SE?

It's a design feature -- for '93 and above, you can switch the 4th and 5th gear input wires at the Cruise Control module to address that (the module will think it's in 4th gear, and there's no max speed setting for 4th)

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
+1....

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
I have an aftermarket gear indicator on my dash area. Would switching those wires affect that?
No that should not have any effect on your indicator. You just switch the wires around going into the cruise control unit.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
I guess I am different. I would not want my cruise set at speeds over 75 anyway.
Sorry - not a valid comment for the question you asked.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I guess I am different. I would not want my cruise set at speeds over 75 anyway.
Sorry - not a valid comment for the question you asked.

I don't need to set mine that fast either, but it's a very interesting read and inside knowledge of the cruise electricals and wiring harness locations. It's worth the read and having the understanding in case you have problems down the road with your cruise.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
We get our best gas mileage at 65mph on the 1500. Above that and wind resistance starts dragging it down. I have one problem though......I CAN'T DRIVE 65!!!!!

I read that fix but didn't get around to doing it yet. Mine's max set is 80mph which I think is normal. Maybe you need to check your cable adjustment on the cruise control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.