1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]CRUISE PROBLEM SORTED[/align]
[align=center]

When I posted that I had lost my cruise control after going over a pothole in the middle of the road as I went through some road works, I thought it would be a long time before I would be able to post that I had found and cured the problem.[/align]
Anyway, as luck would have it, I started at the front of the bike with the intention to work my way back. First thing to check was the clutch cruise cancel switch at the handlebars. Two micro switches checked out OK. Next was the front brake/cruise control cancel switch. BINGO!! The small micro switch was locked in tight and did not work when checked out with the multimeter.

I ordered the switch which was Honda Part Number 35340-MG9-305 at £19. Fitted it on Friday, out on the road for a run Sunday. All worked fine again.

Yes,Yes,Yes, back in business, great.:clapper::clapper:

I would hate to think what it would have cost me to put the bike into a garage for them to find the fault and fix it.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the post Keith! My cruise is not working and the brake and clutch switches are the first two areas I will check then work to the rear.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
imported post

F.Y.I. Was having real problems this spring, with starting engine. Had to very often shift into neutral.Most of the time, pulling clutch lever in while in gear didn't work. Replaced clutch lever switch a few months ago[sorry...don't know the Honda part number]and now things are back to normal! My 2 cents. TTFN.....Old Tom :)

P.S. Old one didn't even click when actuated; new one clicks quite audibly.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

my cluch switch wasn't working causing cruse not to work. seems this switch needs to be pushed in to work and when it wears the little nub off it quit working. I drilled small hole down in the tip of contact then cut small piece brass rod"brazing" trimmed it till was a little longer than before checke it to see if it worked (it did)applied some silocon to hold it in place let dry and reinstalled works great and will not wear out again soon

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Keith, Glad You Got It Fixed, Thanks for Shareing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.