Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dash board went black.Is there any way to put a air pressure guage in the line for the read shocKs?Also the Decrease doesn't work ,you can hear ti click but nothing happens,any help?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
I could try to spit-ball here and say it sounds like an LTD or an SEi you're talking about, but it could be and Aspy or something else entirely. Without knowing the bike, there ain't much we can do :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
See, that helps, because that falls into the "something else entirely" catagory, which means I'm pretty much useless to you now, but someone else should be a long soon that's not so useless :)

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
what do you mean it went black? The lights are out? the LCD is out?

Post a pic or three....

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Did they just out at once or just noticed it little by little. My first thought is you have some lamps burn't in dash. Second thought is Fuse blown

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Started out in upper right hand corner with a half moon,the next year the radio station numbers, clock, air compressor guage all went out to the point where you could not see anything,but the whole thing is not black yet.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,338 Posts
I am pretty sure that if your LCD display is out, then the entire air compressor system will also not function properly. That has been my experience with the LCD display not working. I would look into trying to find a replacement. There is a salvage yard close to you that I have used before and they may be able to help with a replacement. Give them a try: Willy's Cycles

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Thanks guys I was hoping for better.
Anty idea on putting a air guage in the line?
And you would probably get much better help if you explained the problem a bit better.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Very few if any have ventured into that galaxy to add to a system that is dependent on the LCD circuit to operate.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I still you just have lamps burning out on you. I would pull your dash out enough to get at the lamps and pull them out and look at them. There is differant lamps bepending on the area. The hardest ones to get at are the LCD display area and you have to take it complete apart to get at 1 or 2 bulbs. I just did my dash this winter with led bulbs. I had the same issue that it seemed dark in areas and that is what I found out, Dead lamps.

Good luck reddun1995!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I still you just have lamps burning out on you. I would pull your dash out enough to get at the lamps and pull them out and look at them. There is differant lamps bepending on the area. The hardest ones to get at are the LCD display area and you have to take it complete apart to get at 1 or 2 bulbs. I just did my dash this winter with led bulbs. I had the same issue that it seemed dark in areas and that is what I found out, Dead lamps.

Good luck reddun1995!
The lamps are for back lighting the LCD at night. If the numbers aren't showing, then it's time for another LCD screen so the numbers work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.