Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What is the indication that's it's no good? This morning I went out to start the bike. Put key in, full choke, turn key on, push starter, hear a faint click and nothing. I mean nothing at all. No life period. No sounds, lights, nothing. I'm thinking main fuse? Any ideas guys? I rode all day yesterday without trouble.
Thanks

·
Administrator
58,927 Posts
imported post

Yep, put a voltmeter across the terminals.

Turn the key to ON.

If you read any voltage at all across that fuse, it is BAD...

The theory is, a good fuse is a dead short and will have extremely low voltage drop across it when the electrics are powered up.

Spares?
I picked up a pak of Honda dogbone fuses last week at O'Reilly's auto store.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
imported post

if something happened....it melts and you will see only two devided pArts.

moreover you will se you lights not stable just like in a little scooter., up when you rev the engine then down

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well, thanks guys. I just went to into the garage and removed and inspected the two dogbone fuses that came with my compufire. They looked fine so I put them back, turned the key and my baby sprung to life. So, what was wrong? I have no idea! But, it's running now
Thanks

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

Battery terminals? If they aren't very clean then you'll get the result you got. Remove the battery cables and clean the battery terminals until they are shiny. May take some scraping with a knife or file. Then clean the battery cable connectors the same way until they are shiny. I've seen GWs where the battery terminals and the cables look clean but they'll have a bit of a dull color. Just that amount of corrosion will be enough not to make a good connection.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

mine had crack all the way through.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

I did that a couple days ago with the same click only to find the bike was not in neutral. Duh! lol!:ROFL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.