Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Ghost_Rider wrote:
I have a 89 GL1500 that I carb problems with

I then dialed them in and used 2 vacuum gauges and a digital tach. The idle speed is about 780 and the vacuum is at 15 on the left bank and right bank is at almost 20.

Any ideas of what or where to look next?
A good carb sync would have the vacuum values equal at idle - With different vacuum values, you've got the sync way out - as everybody's posting, if you may have air leaks (including torn diaphragms) if you can't get the carbs to sync with the linkage adjustment.

Once both carbs are running at the same vacuum load, both carbs will have a fighting chance of behaving similar toeach other at idle and transitioning off idle to a point where the difference in throttle plate opening is less relevant.

DriverRider wrote:
Many times on the forum I read that an owner cleaned his carbs. What does that mean? Unfortunately to many it will be to remove float bowls and spray carb cleaner into everything visible. :ROFL:
AMEN there JD... This is particularly frightening when you consider that most of the carb cleaner will stiffen or otherwise damage the slide-diphragms (really the basis for controling the air-flowwthproportional fuel mixinto the carb based on pressure diferential/demand)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.