Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All,

Where do all you UK wingers buy your goodies from? are there any good stockest in the UK? or do you all import from our brothers accross the pond, in which case do you get stung for import duty etc. I am new winger 7 days and 300 miles and I would like to get a pair of driving lights and some chrome bits.

What Lights are best? those inset into the fairing or those on a light bar? thanks for your help

Ian:stumped:

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

It varies - I use Cyclemax alot from the US and very happy with them.

However, the exchange rate is dropping like a stone and shipping rates are increasing, then there's duty - making buying from the US not very attractive at the moment. :X

Appleyards in Keighley are quite good for accessories at present. Got 2 Utopia backrests from them in August at very competitive prices.

There is also a company on t'internet called pricedright who I have dealt with without problems and also fatboyzdiner again, dealt with them without problems.

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the info Geordie any thoughts on the best type to go for?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Hi Ian,
Bear in mind that UK dealers will also be affected by the exchange rate and will have to increase prices,so the differential will remain.
I tend to buy most of my parts from the States and would recommend Cyclemax and Wingstuff to start you off.
I have only had excellent service from these guys and generally they have stuff on your doorstep in about a week.
Regarding Customs and excise,not everthing gets checked,only the other week I bought a new screen which came through Customs with the full price declared on it, without incurring any duty.Even if you do have to pay duty and vat your goods will still work out 25-30% cheaper than buying from a UK dealer.
The only downside would be if you ordered something which later turned out to be faulty,it can be a bit of a pain dealing with someone 4,000 miles away!
I would add though that I have never had a problem with anything I've ordered.

Regards Steve

ps. go for the driving lights that fit in the lower fairing as these don't ruin the look of the bike

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Steve,
I know what you mean about the look, any make better than others?
Ian

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

koxx4 wrote:
Thanks Steve,
I know what you mean about the look, any make better than others?
Ian
Sorry Ian can't help you with that one,mines an SE and it had the cornering lights fitted as standard which have been modified as per this forum to become driving lights.

Regards Steve

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
imported post

HI IAN I HAVE A 92 1500 SE IT CAME FULLY LOADED AS THEY SAY MY SPOT LIGHTS ARE A BIT PITTERD I SENT FOR SOME IN THE STATES. I GET A LOT OF CHROME BITS TO FROM HGB UK BUT THE ONES I GOT FROM USA WERE SMALLER THAN MINE AND THE BAR THEY FITT ON.UNDER THE FORKS WAS TO THIN,AS THE ONES ON THE WING ARE VERY THICK SO STOP ANY SHAKING ON THE LIGHTS SO WHAT IM DOING IS GETTING MINE RECHROMED IN UK THEY ARE A LOT WIDER TO.STILL GOT THE ONES I GOT FROM USA IN THE BOX.SO BE CARFULL,AND MAKE SURE THE ONES YOU SEND FOR ARE THE ONES YOU WANT OK RETURNED ITEMS CAN COST A LOT
REGARDS GEOFF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.