Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,366 Posts
imported post

Paul, I'm looking at the wiring diagram for the cruise cancel circuit and the switch at the clutch is NO. When you pull the clutch in, the switch closes to cancel the cruise. I also know this from personal experience as my cruise control would not cancel with the clutch lever when I got the bike. I found the clutch switch did not have continuity when operated. Installed a new switch and it works perfectly now. The other three cruise cancel switches are NC.

Also, like Redwing, I don't see any connection between the clutch switches and the bike cutting off when going into gear. If you could elaborate on how that could be please do. It seems much more likely that the trouble is around the side stand switch.

Thanks.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You're right it isn't a hand lever problem, sorry about that I was thinking about starting the engine not shifting into gear with a running engine. With the engine running and shifting into gear causes it to shut off it's most likely the sidestand switch is malfunctioning. I did mention the kickstand switch in my first post as well. It sounds like the problem was solved but I'd recommend that the switch wiring be checked because a kink in the harness shouldn't cause a failure. It might be the wires were pulled by something to cause the kink and damaged where they attach to the swithc.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,366 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
You're right it isn't a hand lever problem, sorry about that I was thinking about starting the engine not shifting into gear with a running engine. With the engine running and shifting into gear causes it to shut off it's most likely the sidestand switch is malfunctioning. I did mention the kickstand switch in my first post as well. It sounds like the problem was solved but I'd recommend that the switch wiring be checked because a kink in the harness shouldn't cause a failure. It might be the wires were pulled by something to cause the kink and damaged where they attach to the swithc.
My thoughts exactly Paul. Maybe the wires were damaged and shorted to the frame or some other metal part around where the kink was.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,366 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I guess we sometimes forget that everyone doesn't know about it. The site was founded by a Saunders forum member. Indeed there is a lot of information there for those needing manuals and documents on the Goldwing.
He also has a lot of great how-to articles on maintaining all the various Goldwing series as well as the manuals and other documentation. Here is a link to his website.

http://www.goldwingdocs.com/index.asp

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.