Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am putting a 98 Aspencade engine/transmission in a 92 Interstate. Does anyone know if my original Interstate starter will fit on this new engine? My Interstate did not have reverse but the new engine does have reverse gears. Is there anything else I should be concerned with regarding fitment of this engine swap? I am not looking to add reverse capability. There are just too many components involved in adding the reverse option.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I thought the starter was the same but I'm not too sure. To play safe, can you get the starter that comes with the other engine?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yea that's an option however, my current starter is almost new and he wants $350 for his used starter. I would rather put that $350 into fun accessories rather then on a starter. I'm gonna bring my starter with me and compare it to his. If they look the same I guess I'll know. I do know that for the same 1992 model year, the Aspencade and Interstate starters have different part numbers and oddly enough, a new Interstate starter retails in the $650 price range while the Aspencade starter is in the $450 range. I would figure it being the other way around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.