Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So after heating it up, smacking it with a hammer, I got the stud out of the head.

My questions to this group are...

Does anyone know the part number to these tapered studs?

Does anyone know what other models use this stud or maybe a Honda Car?

I have 3 dealerships in the area, but none of them are "Honda Certified", so shipping a stud will take 2 weeks or more.

I am going to continue to work at finding a stud (I have not tried the local auto parts stores yet), but I just can't wait the 2 weeks.

Thank you!

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

just get a long metric bolt and cut it to length....also you cant over tighten these with the heat stress involved....bring up level to crush the rings and tourque....but make sure all nuts are seated firm so only a scant over torque spec if needed...but over tight is not good.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The problem I'm having is the stud steps down instead of being all 1 size. My "GOTO" auto parts place doesn't have it. 1 more option prior to the dealer.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Not takeing away from Grambos advice he is correct but you dont need to cut the bolt just use the bolt instead of makeing a stud out of it same thing and as for tourquing a 10mm bolt i never use a tourque wrench is very hard to get a wrench that will go to that small poundage so i do it by hand if you want put a bolt in a vice and tighten it till it snaps so you know what force it will take

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
Not takeing away from Grambos advice he is correct but you dont need to cut the bolt just use the bolt instead of makeing a stud out of it same thing and as for tourquing a 10mm bolt i never use a tourque wrench is very hard to get a wrench that will go to that small poundage so i do it by hand if you want put a bolt in a vice and tighten it till it snaps so you know what force it will take
oh yeah!! ...ha!... but maybe the flange hole is smaller??...cant remember....but you can drill it out or wait for a stud...i think the thrds are 1 end fine and 1 end course??!!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

grambo wrote:
agnogel wrote:
oh yeah!! ...ha!... but maybe the flange hole is smaller??...cant remember....but you can drill it out or wait for a stud...i think the thrds are 1 end fine and 1 end course??!!
The bolt will fit through the flange plus as you are not useing a nut you dont need a tapered stud with two differant treads

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I can't remember which way round, but one end is 6mm and the other 8mm... about 1&9/16" total length (40mm?)

Should be a 90035-MN5-000 from the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.