Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after I was rear ended some time ago, I am now fixing the bike.
I am not sure the exhaust chamber even is obtainable anymore, and muffler is expensive.
Saw this on the net. Stainless, so should last. And not to ridiculous priced, considering it is a complete exhaust.
Maybe I can reuse the original headers, and save some that way, if they will fit with exhaust chamber

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/GL1500SEN-GOLDWING-SE-1992/part_116581/

Anybody tried it and can comment.

Noise level? Nice sound? Any need for re jetting? Quality feel? Does it fit well, or is it difficult to mount?

regards TorT

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Don't forget about ebay,alot of 1500"s being parted out & collecter boxes & mufflers are out there. Remember,satisfaction is in the hunt! :waving:

·
Premium Member
'91 gl1500
752 Posts
I put the same full exhaust on my 91SE about 2 years ago. excellent system and no need for any re-jetting or welding , it just bolts on .You sholud be able to use your old headers if they are in really good condition but the system come with new ones , you can use the old header heat shields and you will also need a set of " crush washers " for the headers ( the old ones won't be any good.

MW

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, good to hear.
I hope to keep this bike for a long time, so I don´t mind spending some money.
I´ll get a friend, who is a good welder to have a look at the old one first though.
The right hand side muffler took a lot of impact, straight from the back, so the front of the muffler is buckled in and bent, and the same happened to the chamber. And there is a small split in the weld in the chamber where it buckled, to the outside of the pipe
Its a pity, because the exhaust was in really good shape, so I wonder if it can be heated and straightened/pulled out.
So I´ll get some expert opinion on that first

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.