Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am reinstalling the engine on my 1500GL after the 4th gear fix. I cannot figure out how it works.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome and Hello . Can you offer more info on what you cant figure out . On the left side of the engine should be the shift shaft (below the head ). When the engine is in the frame it need to have the shifter extension mounted on the shifter shaft ( offset shaft which attaches to the shifter shaft ) . The reason for the offset is to clear the header pipes . I am not sure if any of that is what your asking about . If you can clear up the question I am sure some of us can offer more help . If you have repaired the gears Then I guess you have a service book of some brand ?

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

Can't figure out how what works? Be more specific about what the problem is please. And welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I am using a clymer manual. I removed the engine front cover because I could not get the shifter to work. The spinle arm will not pull back far enough to upshift using the shifter but when I do it manually I can get it to move. And there are only 4 pins in the cam plate but I have 5 gears.
Thanks for your replies.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
imported post

When you put the case back together , are you sure the shift spindle was indexed correctly on the shift arm ?

If your trying to shift with the shifter lever , is it set correctly on the gearshift arm ? If its mounted a spline to high it will hit the bottom of the cylinder head .

4 pins are correct . you push and pull to move from neutral to first / back to neutral into second . same pin works in both directions for that one .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.