Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello folks, I'm new to the forum and pretty new to wings as well, so apologies for asking what may be daft questions.

Firstly, I took the beast out for the first run of the year last week. My better half and I went out to a nice country hotel for lunch and when we came out the bike failed to start. I had left it in gear as it was on a slight incline and couldn't get the neutral light to come on despite the bike obviously being in neutral. After a bit of messing round, I called for assitance..............by the time it came, the damn thing started first time. Yeah, I felt like a right prat!

Anyway, is it likely this is just a consequence of the bike being stuck in the garage all winter and a stuck switch being slow to make, or can it be the source of more grief?

One other question....... I saw someone had a link to Mick O Pegs in the US. Does anyone know of similar products on sale in the UK? I'm a big lanky so and so, and would really like to make the bike even more comfy.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hi BFS

No question is to daft for this forum, because I will haveasked for the answer before.

My 1500 would not start whilst trying to get off a ferry, the problem was the reverse sensor switch had stuck even though the dash light was not illuminated.

Thats my five penny worth, the Guru's will on shortly to help out further.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ahhhh

That might explain it? I had used reverse to park (somehting I don't often do) as the parking area was red chips and I couldn't get a good footgrip.

Thanks for replying. She's back in the garage whilst I go off to work for a bit. Here's hoping for decent weather when I get back.......and no more failed starts.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

BFS wrote:
Ahhhh

That might explain it? I had used reverse to park (somehting I don't often do) as the parking area was red chips and I couldn't get a good footgrip.

Thanks for replying. She's back in the garage whilst I go off to work for a bit. Here's hoping for decent weather when I get back.......and no more failed starts.

Glad to be of some help, it had to happen some time.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
BFS wrote:
Ahhhh

Glad to be of some help, it had to happen some time.
:whip:If you really wanted to be of some help you'd tell us where that damn island is! You know the one I mean!:whip:

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Don't you know:dude: - its just off the coast:waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

BFS wrote:
Hello folks, I'm new to the forum and pretty new to wings as well, so apologies for asking what may be daft questions.
Hey BFS :waving:Welcome to the forum. :clapper: Thereare no such words "As Daft or Silly Questions" on this forum. :whip: The only daft or silly questions are the ones that are not asked. :crying:There are plenty of experts here to answer all the questions. :jumper:

:walker::18red::walker:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
:whip:If you really wanted to be of some help you'd tell us where that damn island is! You know the one I mean!:whip:
Hey exavid :waving:Thats a secret. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.