Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am planning to remove the fairing on my 1988 1500 GL and take all the plastic bits to the pro for respraying. I have a haynes manual but fine it is not very hellpfull for this type of job. Has anyone out there that has done this joband havea step by step list of the proceeger eg where to start and finish. Pics would also be very helpfull.

PS[/i][/b]

When I got this bike I had it restricted Ihave nowbeen toldthat the 1500 does not need to be restricted. While I have the firing off I would like to unrestrict it, As far as I know it was restricted by placing large washers under the carburettors if this is the case can I just lift the carburettors and remove them without upsetting anything.

email [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Those threads are a good start. The instruments are easy to remove and then you just need to pull the wiring look out. As far as I remember, most of it pulls out to the right.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

You might think of just taking of the windsheild,mirrors,lowers fairings, headlight, blinkers..etc
and leaving the upper fairing on..just mask off the rest..the painter might like it better that way..it would easyer for him to paint and buff on the bike...AND you don`t have to worry about scraching it all up trying to put it back on....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.