Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the bike was down for throttle cables I decided to do some maintenance. Replaced both timing belts, installed 4deg trigger wheel, air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter fluids and filters changed and general lube.

Took it out for a shake down run, and everything seems OK till I get to around 2500-3500 rpms and it falls flat. Once I get above 3500 it revs nice pulls hard till red line 5k. fuel is about a month old, and i added a full can of sea foam...... bike was running great till the throttle cables broke.

could i have caused something, or could i have fuel going bad with a heavy mix of sea foam? I'm going to fill the tank next time i get the bike out in a few days......

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Did you remove the carb, in order to replace the throttle cables? If so, then am wondering if perhaps the Rubber Isolators (between both carbs and the intake manifold) are loose... Check to verify that the two hose clamps on each are snug.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't remove the carbs, but did have the air box off. The only thing I'm wondering if I may have damaged the hose on the front right on the lower air box. I pulled it up with a LONG needle noise pliers to get it back on the air box.....I have noticed a low grumbling noise on the test ride. It sounds similar to the noise the hose from front right air box was making with the air box off when I was testing the cables out before I replaced the air box after I installed the new throttle cables.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
...I may have damaged the hose on the front right on the lower air box. I pulled it up with a LONG needle noise pliers to get it back on the air box...
> Remove the right side fan housing, then (easily) reach up and verify that that hose is still attached... This way is much easier than trying to do it with the Long-pliers-method.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.