Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi,just purchased a 1500se 1998 wing,was looking around fuse area and noticed the fan fuse was blown,when i replaced the fuse thefan comes on the minutei turn the ignition on,i am wondering if i can install a switch to over ride the fan and turn on manually,when needed as i dont want to try replace any termostates or the like,if this is possible i would appreciate as advice on which wires to splice in on etc....

thanks in advance.Paul

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

On a '98, I would fix it right. I have an '85, which I have bypassed the temp sensor, and connected it direct, with a switch. I turn it on as soon as the bike starts, and do not shut it off until after I have shut off the engine. But then this is an old bike, I live in AZ, where it gets HOT, plus I am trying to use up as much electrical power as possible to help cool the regulator. On a '98, I'd want things right.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Your fan switch is stuck on Paul. You should really replace it. The switch is easy to get to, it is on the bottom of the left radiator.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
imported post

had the same problem with my 90 model . it kept blowing fuses. pulled both fans and found that the grease on the axels had hardened stiff . cleaned them up , sprayed them with crc and they worked like a charm . easy and cheap fix.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

thanks for replys,ill take the advice and replace switch,would any one know the part no.or sometimes i notice some parts from car depot fit,

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

back again,stripped all the platic off and located the fan switch,pulled the single connecting wire off the switch but the fan s keep working,is this normal??also in the manual they recommend draining the coolant system is this required or could i do a fast change over and top up coolant bottle, sorry about all the questions but i love to do all my own work and this is my first wing,regards paul

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

It sounds like a previous owner has bypassed the fan switch if the fan is still running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.