Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is the Mobil 1 synthetic 75-90 good to go in the final drive in the GL1500? the PO doesn't remember when it was changed last so I figure I'd better do it.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

You are good to go Lucas makes a good Synthetic too I have it my 1200 LTD and I have read a bunch of people doing the same thing with very good resuilts.One thing if it hasn't been changed is when you change it when you do it make sure the oil doesn't smell burnt you will know because it really stinks and the only thing you can do is replace the rear end good luck and May God Bless.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Freddie, all I have to go by is the PO's statement that he followed the maintenance schedule, but he says he only changed the brake fluid, not the clutch fluid, so I better change both of them as well

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

A little preventive work really goes a long way and helps you feel better because you know that it had been done.When I was growing my dad had a garage and he worked on trucks and had to put a new rear end in one he pulled it and the axels and such that had gotten hot everything was shot and once you ever smelled burnt gear oil you won't ever forget it that is some nasty stuff.Take care and good luck.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

I have used it successfully (no breakdown/noise)

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Hell, fresh gear oil can have a nasty smell. Some of the fluids for the new car transmissions can stink out the entire shop for days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.