Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 gl1500se trike that I bought in south carolina last may I rode it back to wyoming witch is at 6300 ft. elevation, I really haven't had any major issues with it until recently. When I ride it for a while and it's good and warm, shut it off for a bit and restart it , it acts like it is flooded, I have to hold the throttle open and crank it until it starts. I have also noticed on really hot days the fuel in gas tank boils and the gas cap doesn;t seem like it is venting properly. any sugestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Have you tried using the Choke, just to verify that it's actually Flooded (Rich) and not Lean instead?

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
If the cap is not holding pressure (some have been known to drill a hole in the gas cap) it will allow the gas to boil especially at high altitude and cause a vapor lock situation.

I used to live in Laramie so hard to imagine you have had many very warm days already this year. But Laramie is about 1000 ft higher.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Test your vacuum petcock, you can bypass it to test it further than the vacuum test to see if the flooding goes away, if so replace/rebuild it. There are posts where when they are failing that gas gets sucked through the vacuum line into the cylinder, in extreme cases they were going through a tank of gas in 90 miles and bikes riding behind smelled the raw fuel in the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.