Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've had my 91 interstate for about 2 months now. I don't think the po did much maintenance on it in the 2 years he had it. thanks to some great tips found here I've got in running great, however I've searched the site and haven't really found much help flushing and filling the radiator. lots of info on what to use, how to remove radiators and burping (the bike not me) can anyone direct me to a tutorial or give me a step by step. since I don't have a manual I cant even find a drain plug. took me 2 trys to find the oil plug:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

The drain is on the bottom of the engine at thefront left corner on the bottom of the water pump.

Make sure to get a new crush washer first. I've reused my old one in the past and I always end up with a leak.

For other people reading this thread, this picture is from my 1500. It's slightly different on the earlier models, but still on the waterpump housing.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks wolfman thats a big help. by the way the allen bolt next to the coolant drain was my first attempt at draining the oil, not much came out.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

You can also try searching youtube.com for videos posted by people who have done it.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

That's for an 1100 Wing seabee_, the 1500 is different, and much easier to drain, flush & fill.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

BenMC wrote:
That's for an 1100 Wing seabee_, the 1500 is different, and much easier to drain, flush & fill.
My bust, I noticed the 1500 after I hit the send.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.