Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I seen in the goldwing tips page about some gl 1500 foot warmers, I ride pretty much all year round as long as there is no snow or ice on the roads. Here lately it has been getting down into the high teens/low twentys at night and my feet get pretty after 45 miles to work. I can not wear boots because of foot problems, So my question is where can i find these at?:stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

on thegoldwing tips section they are on the engine guard. the pic is a red gl1500 and it looks like it is in betweenthe top and bottom engine guard.sorry i went back to the pic and they are under the engne guard

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
imported post

I believe thos are on the SE model only. They are controlled by a knob on the right side under the windshield.

Carl

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

They are no longer in production and harder to find than Hen's teeth!

If you don't like/can't wear the electric stuff, I'd try the Baker Built foot wings and these Grille Closures, to reduce the wind over your feet and to coax a little more heat out of the bottom vents on your inner fairing panels. :?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

sorry to hear that they are no longer in production because they sure would be nice to keep the ole toes waem on these cold mornings. Looks like i might go get some pexliglas and do some fabricating. i just seen your edit, i will check these out that you are talking about.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts
imported post

I never could feel any difference with the vents open or closed.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

Plexiglass will work wonders along those side vents. The toe vents throw a little bit of warm air on your toes. Not a whole lot. But to me it does make a difference. Of course I am in South Texas where we ride all year.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
imported post

my 88 has the foot warmers in the engine guards, but they don't do much above maybe 45mph depending on how cold it is outside. The radiator grille closures work pretty well at times if the engine gets hot enough and then you can feel a blast of heat for a while. They do make a difference if you turn them off. I shouldn't have cleaned my radiators so well or i would get more heat. lol

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

My 88 has some plexiglass foot warmers on the bottom of the crash bars. They don't look stock. Can't say how they work, this is my first winter with my big girl. Will report back.:thumbsup:

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

get some battery operated socks..... some rechargeable batteries. Should be able to get setup for $25.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

I think readingracer is looking for the large footwarmer directly under the lower bar of the engine guard in the picture he posts. Its the piece with the chrome screw cap.

As far as I can remember, those foot warmers were made by Tulsa. They slotted under the front cowl and clipped onto the engine guard. They came in black plastic, the one in that picture has probably been painted by the owner of the Goldwing in the picture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.