Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on where to get replacement rubber pads for footboards? I don't know who the PO bought these from or what brand they are. Or is there a place that sells small sheets of this material I could cut to size?

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
a hardware store or HF will have something that you can cut down and cement back on,about the best thing i have found,i have seen replacemnet pads for the floorboards themselves but never the shifters

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I had a similar problem with a set that came on mine,(went back to stock pegs) I contacted a vendor on Ebay that was selling the floorboard set up...they had the insert you seek...but unfortunately I dont remember their name...I know this isnt much help but maybe a place to start...good luck

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Go to a auto parts store and buy some rubber floor mats that have a pattern that you like.

Template/Trace/Copy the shape.

Once cut to size, clean board and new rubber with alcohol and use 3M Super 77 spray adhesive according to directions; spraying both pieces and waiting 5 minutes before applying.

Just don't get 'Yosimite Sam mats.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look like Markland, although I'm not 100% sure.
That helped! I did a search on this forum for Markland and found someone else asking the same question, with a picture. Looks the same. I'll try to find some of those, and if unsuccessful, will check HF and Autoparts stores.

Thanks

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
floorboards

Those look like Drag Specialties floorboards. The pads are listed on the site that Newday777 posted on his response. Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.