Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am just assembling my front forks (1993 GL1500) and just wanted clarification of the fork oil level please. The manuals (and forum Guru's) say these values are 239mm ('88 - '94)or 194mm ('95 +) from the top of the fork. My forks are original 1993 (2 springs per fork) but I am installing the springs from a 2000 model (single spring and spacer) . I assume that I therefore need to use the '95+ measurement as I think the only difference between the years is the spring set up . Advice would be appreciated please.

Many Thanks

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Prompt and efficient reply, as always . Many Thanks :claps:

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
imported post

Remember Ron that you can adjust the level quite easily with the benefit of your shrader valves on that SE of yours. Equality left to right is your only concern as long as you are within acceptable parameters. I have read about many riders who tweak the levels to taste.

RED

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks, but no air valves on mine (1993 SE(P) ). Was considering fitting a sealed bolt system to the caps on the forks so I could adjust the levels but no time. The Wing is back together, and test ridden. Lovely !

Just a couple of pressure tweaks to tyres and rear suspension (when it stops raining).

Thanks to everyone for the help, but a special mention to Satan for his PM.

Marvelous forum, wonderful people.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
imported post

I cant help looking into the OEM parts for making the fork fluid change much easier.

The parts are expensive at 106.00 with shipping from cyclemax. But for the long run some riders may choose to install them. Or.....one could drill and tap your existing fork caps. But once you buy the tap and die kit it gets you thinking. And if a bolt and washer....why not the shrader valve as well. Then you have more options.

Just my 2 cents.

http://www.imagessite.com/OEM_Images/honda_mc_images/H92GL1500A41.gif

Part#29

RED

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Satan for Guru Campaign ! :applause:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status