Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

has anyone tried mixing 5 and 10wt oils together? if so, what was the outcome?

say half 10wt and half 5wt with progressive suspension springs?

what do you guys think?

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

I really don't know the answer but logically you would come out with 7.5w which used to be commonly found with ATF. But I have a question, what is the reason that you are considering this? IMHO, I wouldn't want to go much under the 10w with progressive springs...

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
I really don't know the answer but logically you would come out with 7.5w which used to be commonly found with ATF. But I have a question, what is the reason that you are considering this? IMHO, I wouldn't want to go much under the 10w with progressive springs...
Mike, it seems much stiffer than the stock springs. i went back to the old stock springs while mine were being reevaluated for specification. progressive springs were well in to factory specs

i have it filled with 310cc of 10wt of maxxima fork fluid now

you doing toys for tots?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

put heavier oil in 15 to 30 wt....thinner oil is ok for a new front end for x amount of miles till it all wears out and leaks.

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

The 310cc's is a little low I think. Taken from the service manuals:

88-94: Left Fork=325c's Right Fork=320cc's

95-00: Left Fork=372cc's Right Fork=377cc's (Aspencades and SE's)

I have the Progressives in mine. And each side should have different amounts but the level should be the same in both. If the levels are differen't it could cause the forks to not work the same and might cause the harsh feeling. You can add more oil through your schrader valve and if you take a look at THIS THREAD, it might have some useful info for you....

And I had forgot all about the toys for tots run. I used to do it every year but for the past several years, we have had a family gathering on the first Sunday of December so I haven't had a chance to do it. Igot a feeling thatthe gathering may get in the way again this year as well.

BTW, I may have to get in touch with you for another rear tire change as my Formoza got sliced by a utility knife blade and I have to have a new one put on.....

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
The 310cc's is a little low I think. Taken from the service manuals:

88-94: Left Fork=325c's Right Fork=320cc's

95-00: Left Fork=372cc's Right Fork=377cc's (Aspencades and SE's)

I have the Progressives in mine. And each side should have different amounts but the level should be the same in both. If the levels are differen't it could cause the forks to not work the same and might cause the harsh feeling. You can add more oil through your schrader valve and if you take a look at THIS THREAD, it might have some useful info for you....

And I had forgot all about the toys for tots run. I used to do it every year but for the past several years, we have had a family gathering on the first Sunday of December so I haven't had a chance to do it. Igot a feeling thatthe gathering may get in the way again this year as well.

BTW, I may have to get in touch with you for another rear tire change as my Formoza got sliced by a utility knife blade and I have to have a new one put on.....
hey Mike, let me know about the tire change.....773 469 2932

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.