Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently purchased my first Goldwing (1988 GL1500). The bike rides like a dream, but the only issue I have is that when moving a very low speeds there seems to be something rattling within the Fairing. The sound is there even when the clutch is engaged. After moving over 15 MPH the sound disappears. Has anyone had this type of sound and fixed it? Thanks.;)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi and welcome to the forum ,,,,:waving::waving:it could be coming from the front brake caliper or the speedo drive ,,check these out ,,I had a rattle in the front of my last 1500,turned out to be a front brake pad ,,,cheers Ciaran

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The GL1500 fairing does tend to creak and groan a bit. Is it definitely a rattle or more like a creak? Does it happen all the time or when you hit a bump or rough surface? If it happens all the time then it has to be outside of the fairing.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I guess you can classify it as a creak. It mostly happens when I hit bumps at slow speeds. When I accelerate and the front fork moves I can hear it. Could it be the forks? :shock:Thanks.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Mine creaks as well. I always thouight it was all that darned wiring and plastic wraped around the steering head.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The fairing on my 93 will creak once in awhile, however that usually goes away with increasing ambient temperatures. I have a rattle that occurs once in awhile that really annoys me. I know it's a stupid screw I dropped down inside somewhere and couldn't find. I probably should invert the bike and shake the hell out of it but my wrist is a bit sore right now!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::15red::weightlifter::weightlifter:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.