Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been working on my project a 94 aspy thats been napping for 5 years. rebilt the carbs went thru brake system and checking everything on the bike. All good there next month will change the timimg belts.

But have discovered that the front forks need rebuilding. Have never play with that stuff before and don't know how hard that is or if I need any special tools........JD

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
So I have been working on my project a 94 aspy thats been napping for 5 years. rebilt the carbs went thru brake system and checking everything on the bike. All good there next month will change the timimg belts.

But have discovered that the front forks need rebuilding. Have never play with that stuff before and don't know how hard that is or if I need any special tools........JD

There should be several "How To" threads and info for rebuilding the 1500 forks here some where. I did my 1100 forks but not needed to do any 1500's yet myself.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
You might be able to clean them w/o taking it all apart.. look up sealmate. It's small plastic thing..you can make one..basically a thin piece of plastic or metal with a hook tip . You slide it down between the fork and seal move it aroudn the fork pulling it up to remove grit etc. go aroudn twice or three times and you may be good to go. Dirt bikers have been using these for years. Worth a shot. I have made mine out of old film negatives, coke cans and soda bottles..a little curve to the plastic is good.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.