Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1500 GoldWing with the Champion trike conversion and 4.5 degree rake.
What is working best for a quite front tire?

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
You should find tons of tyre threads on the forum already. The subject comes up often enough.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I've been using a 130/70H 18 BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX BT-45 Item# 330-0760 purchased from Chaparral Motorsports for $112. This is actually a rear motorcycle tire, so it has much deeper tread. I run this same tire on the front of my 2004 which has been "double darksided". I also used this on my '93 w/ Champion sidecar. I have installed these for a few friends with trikes, and some other Darksiders, and they all like them... quiet, good grip, more mileage, and less $$$. Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
186 views and only one reply. WOW, I hope this is not representative of how this site is helpful to new members questions.

I went with a Bridgetone Battleax BT-45 rear tire and mounted it on the front of my trike. So far so good. It handles well and no noise as of this early date.

Now: I am almost afraid to ask, but I need two new tires on the rear and am only looking for quite and smooth ride. I could give a ^&$# about how many miles I get, just want them comfortable and quiet.

Any sugestions for the rear of the trike. TIRE: P205-70-R15

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Many of those views are simply site visitors/lurkers who are not members I would think- The members of this site do a WONDERFUL job of doing their best to help all people, new or old.

Have you tried a search for rear tire trike? There have been a large number of tire posts for various machines. Keep in mind many posting members have posted the same thing time after time, and assume that a person might search it first. I also belong to a Ford Bronco site and when you create a new thread it automatically searches your subject to see if you really even need to post it. This site does not do that though.

That said, like a car, if you want a quiet tire you are looking at a touring type, just like a car whose owner wants a quiet tire. Some tires even have 'silent-wall technology' they call it (forget the brand off-hand) so you might want to check with a local tire dealer.

Maybe I am off base, and if so I apologize, but honey works better than lemons. (186 views and only one reply. WOW, I hope this is not representative of how this site is helpful to new members questions. Now: I am almost afraid to ask...)

·
killer driller
781 Posts
tires are a sore subject everyone has there own preference and there is no wrong answer.I like the dunlop elite III,have never tried anything else,to scared i won't be satisfied

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
186 views and only one reply. WOW, I hope this is not representative of how this site is helpful to new members questions.

I went with a Bridgetone Battleax BT-45 rear tire and mounted it on the front of my trike. So far so good. It handles well and no noise as of this early date.

Now: I am almost afraid to ask, but I need two new tires on the rear and am only looking for quite and smooth ride. I could give a ^&$# about how many miles I get, just want them comfortable and quiet.

It's possible only a small minority of those 186 viewers may be trike folks...and therefore most didn't feel qualified to give an answer. I'm only speculating here, but I do know that the members are abundantly helpful when they have something useful to contribute. Best of luck with your tire questions.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts

Lot's of us may read the posts, but don't mean we have a trike or good answer for you.

I just read this, have no idea what rear tires would be good for you though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.