Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

got a lehmantrike kiton our 1998 -1500 se and am trying to replace the front u-joint on itneed to know if I need to remove engine to replace. can't find any info on this so far and lehman won"t give out the info

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

You should be able to pull the driveshaft, remove from rearend and pull.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

It's not hard to remove,and the driveline IS a weak link on trikes. You can accesss the drive shaft by removing the battery, and tray. Remove the rear flange from the differential. Then, you must push the shaft foreward to compress a spring on the front of the shaft. This spring is not too stiff, it's just hard to get it compressed and hold it to remove the shaft. It is VERY important to align the teeth "one tooth foreward" on re-assembly. I have a diagram and I'll post it next. I have a Motortrike, but I understand they all are similar. Also, I have read Leman has warrenteed this in the past.(orig. owner?) Stand by, pic to come. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

What's going on with it, anyway? Vibrations? Just curious. I have had zero luck in finding a new replacement for mine, as I am suspect it is getting a tad sloppy. I think I'm gonna have a shop rebuilt it with a U-Joint I can grease. The Valk units are better made, but I think they are all backordered, and ya still can't grease em. When you get ready to re-install, you gotta lay the whole assy. ona flat table, and then rotate that front yoke the "one tooth". If ya don't she's gonna shake rattle and roll!!! I don't understand the physics of it, but I put mine in wrong, and I thoughtit was gonna fall apart when I test rode it about 50 feet!!! PM me if I can help.jimsjinx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.