Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys, my project '93A was not reading when close to being out of fuel ( I thought!), so I bought a Thermistor/NTC as per the forum, and pulled the pump to replace it to find that the fuel level was ABOVE the sensor. So I reconnected the pump outside of the tank, and found that it did actually work...so actuated the level float and found that it seemed to work, but was reading near empty with what I now believe to be over 4 liters of fuel remaining. I removed the assembly and bent (in a "technical" fashion..!!)..the arm downwards until the level read slightly to the right of red, about where it should be. Question: Is it o/k to leave as it is?..or should I replace the assembly (if available)?. The adjustment seems a bit "extreme"? (see images)..but seems to work?
Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Image after "adjustment".....

Attachments

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

I bent mine slightly as per others have. Just make sure the float will not rub or touch the bottom of tank.

JD

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Tell ya what I do.... I stop for fuel every hundred - hundred-fifty miles to get a cold (or hot) drink & stretch my legs !!:waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.