Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

is it true that if i buy a 1988 honda accord fuel pump it will work on 1990 honda goldwing 1500

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, not sure about that.

There was a guy on fleabay that was selling a fuel pump rebuild kit but I can't seem to find it right now, I'll keep looking.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts
imported post

[email protected]

I had this same problem 2x in the past 5000 miles..Once last eyar in the Rockies and once in the extreme heat of southern Illinois (100+).
I concluded it was the weak full pump syndrome as I had purchased and installed a NEW vacuum petcock asembley, as well as fuel filter and gas cap rubber gasket....The only thing left was the fuel pump....
The above e-mail is the address to a man from texas who sells a better pump and rebuild kit for your wing...he only has a few left so you may want to e-mail him asap... About $130 and you will have a new pump and some accesories so you can rebuld and upgrade your fueel pump assembly.
I wil be doing mine this weekend ...I have had no additional problems since the heat episode a couple of weeks ago...but I don't want to ait for it to strand me in the middle of nowhere...I have already invested the money in the parts so in they go...

Good Luck

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Wingsconsin wrote:

[email protected]

I had this same problem 2x in the past 5000 miles..Once last eyar in the Rockies and once in the extreme heat of southern Illinois (100+).
I concluded it was the weak full pump syndrome as I had purchased and installed a NEW vacuum petcock asembley, as well as fuel filter and gas cap rubber gasket....The only thing left was the fuel pump....
The above e-mail is the address to a man from texas who sells a better pump and rebuild kit for your wing...he only has a few left so you may want to e-mail him asap... About $130 and you will have a new pump and some accesories so you can rebuld and upgrade your fueel pump assembly.
I wil be doing mine this weekend ...I have had no additional problems since the heat episode a couple of weeks ago...but I don't want to ait for it to strand me in the middle of nowhere...I have already invested the money in the parts so in they go...

Good Luck
I spoke with a dealer when returning from our Nassir 4 trip about this heat issue with the 1500's. I was at his place on another matter. He was aware of it and suggested when the false tank was off to lay/place some heat absorbent material over the area under the gas tank. It was his opinion that the gas boiled at 1/4 tank in the air temperature heat and working motor. This causes fumes being sucked up and the motor dying...Made sense to me after what we experienced in Florida.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Wingsconsin wrote:

[email protected]

Good Luck
I spoke with a dealer when returning from our Nassir 4 trip about this heat issue with the 1500's. I was at his place on another matter. He was aware of it and suggested when the false tank was off to lay/place some heat absorbent material over the area under the gas tank. It was his opinion that the gas boiled at 1/4 tank in the air temperature heat and working motor. This causes fumes being sucked up and the motor dying...Made sense to me after what we experienced in Florida.
Interesting... Thanks for sharing this info...;)

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts
imported post

Rebuild is finished and working well..after a few hundred miles it seems to be better than ever...

Old Fuel Pump Assemly

New Assembly after rebuild

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I THINK IM GOING TO TRY THAT DO I REALY NEED THAT FILTER THING ON IT THE THING THAT LOOKS LIKE A DISK

IF THE FUEL PUMP WASNT 386 I WOULD JUST GET ANEW ONE SHOOT I ONLY BOUGHT THE BIKE FOR 500 DOLLARS AND I GOT TO MOW THE GUYS YARD ALL SUMMER BUT THANX FOR THE PIC I CAN USE THIS NOT TO GOOD AT READING LOL

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

ob1jeeper , ditto about Wingsconsin and what he said about the fuel boiling . Have seen posts about fuel starvation at high altitudes etc.??? The fuel boiling seems to fit this nagging problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.