Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I still haven't adjusted the float, but I've run 3 tanks of gas, and almost 600 miles with no "hic-ups". This is VERY promising! Hoping to get a few hundred more this weekend, too bad I have work too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, after 3000 miles, I started having what I think to be the same issue. I replaced the fuel pump (limited lifetime warranty) from O'Reilly's. Now I'm wondering if the problem might actually be a vacuum leak somewhere, and partially shutting off the petcock. When I rebuilt it, I replaced that piece of vacuum tube. Any suggestions?

Also as an FYI, I edited an image of the fuel pump to show terminals of the E16061 ImportDirect pump.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Some of the replacement diaphrams have failed soon after replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TTiger, is the S shaped hose not needed anymore after this conversion?? I can't tell what you did with it???
Please help!!??
JC

·
Administrator
57,510 Posts
when I did that conversion, I used a very short hose to a 1/8" pipe nipple, a right angle adapter, 1/8" nipple and enough hose to reach the fuel outlet port.

others used a longer piece of hose to let it loop around and up to the outlet port...
just make sure it don't kink as that stops all fuel flow, and will burn up that brand new pump.

don't even ask me how I know this..... :cam:

61 - 65 of 65 Posts