Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Couldn't start the old girl yesterday so i started checking things out. Wasn't getting gas to carbs. Removed fuel shutoff valve and opened it up to find a small tear in the diaphragm (bladder). Are the rebuilding kits available and where do you suggest to go to get one ? (thought I read that they are not available anymore) I'm afraid to ask what Honda wants for the whole shutoff valve):?Thanks in advance!

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
imported post

Yes, rebuild kits available.
Someone will be along soon to tell you where. In the meantime check eBay.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

The kits are extremely difficult to find. I just wrote about this topic on our blog page this morning.

I have been looking for a kit for my 1998 SE and have not been able to find one. I wound up ordering a new petcock yesterday from www.ronayers.com. It was $118.76. This was the best price I could find online.

WEXY had a few kits for 1996 and older GL 1500s the other day when I contacted him. He responds very quickly if you PM him. I am not sure how long shipping would take as he is in Ireland. I was not able to find any here in the states.

Good luck,
Ed

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

I have a 1988 1500 and had the valve rebult in July 2010. Two weeks later I wanted a new valve. You could have the rebuilt for $50.00.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Duckster I'll get back with you if I can't locate a kit. Jeff Why did you want a new one?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

I have heard others say that some rebuild kits do not seal very well.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

keithg64 wrote:
Bikebandet has petcock rebuild kits for Valkarys, not sure if its the same size, maybe something you can use.
Different.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

The valve worked just fine but I was (am) too anal and everything else I had ever put on the Wing was new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.