Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just got a Garmin Nuvi 50 gps. I was going to purchase the kit to have the verbal directions fed thru our intercom. I noticed it requires an input for headphones on ther device. My Garmin does not have this much to my dismay! Is there any other product out there that will allow me to get the verbal directions to fed thru our intercom system?:?:?
Wingrider59

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Why not just give your pillion/wife a paper map?
She'll tell you where to go and how to get there.:?

·
Premium Member
'91 gl1500
752 Posts
Why not just give your pillion/wife a paper map?
She'll tell you where to go and how to get there.:?
Mine does that with or without a map but at least you can turn off a sat nav :ROFL:

MW

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Without an audio output on the Garmin itself, I am not aware of any fix for this. I have a 1500 with a Garmin 765t. It also has an.mp3 player so I just use the cheap cassette adapter and it will feed over the speakers or headsets. I would suggest going on the Garmin website and compare units. Lool at the specs and make sure it has an audio output and I would recommend a unit that accepts maps. Just im case you want to create your own routes!

I bought my on Ebay for about $60.00.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My Garmin Nuvi 755T has both a headphone jack and the ability to output on an unused FM radio frequency. The 755T also allows playing of MP3's that can be stored on an SD card while using the GPS function. When a turn comes up the GPS mutes the MP3 and gives the direction. Bought mine used on eBay for about $50.00.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.